Wednesday, August 12, 2015

ME BEFORE YOU : THOUGHTS

Dear Earthlings, 

I've recently finished reading/listening to Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. (careful: spoilers included). I have conflicted thoughts towards this book. It made my eyes water. It made me angry. It made me resentful. It made me content. This is all because of Will Traynor. Damn you. But then again, can I really say that? I'm not sure. 

Assisted Suicide. What are your thoughts on this subject? As for myself, I don't think I'd be on either side of this debate. I don't know what goes on in the mind of someone who is terminally ill and in constant pain. I cannot judge them for a decision that is theirs to make. In a way, I feel they are selfish but I also understand. It's not an easy side to choose.

This book has assisted me in leaning towards being supportive. I'm a very optimistic being and I'm always trying to find reasons for every action but what about hope? I suppose all of Will's hope was eventually invested in Louisa. I suppose I can rest knowing he was content with the fact that he found peace in Louisa. I suppose he is now living vicariously through her...on the other side. 

Love, Nara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow